Tools needed: dotting tool (Or toothpick/mechanical pencil, etc. Be creative.)
Lacy Heart nails are the perfect nails to wear during the month of February and especially Valentine’s Day. This manicure is so feminine and looks difficult to do, but it is actually very easy to achieve. In addition, if you changed up the colors, the design could pass for an Easter Egg Nail Design. Just an idea! For this nail design, you will need four nail polishes. The design consists of small brush strokes and polka dots, so get your dotting tool ready.
Because I’ve done this manicure years ago, I have recreated the nail art design on my thumb in a step-by-step tutorial. It’s easy:
1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nail bed.
2. Paint the entire nail with your base color.
3. Just on the tip of the nail, try to form the top of a heart shape in white polish.
4. Take your dotting tool, and paint four dots, two on each side, on top of the heart shape.
5. With your third color, again on the tip of the nail, paint just a little below so the white still peeks out. It will look like an outline of the heart.
6. Take a smaller dotting tool, filling the white dots with the base color, giving it the illusion of delicate lace.
This nail design was one of the first ones I had ever done, and I could not believe the number of compliments I had received when I had told them I had done my nails myself! And now you can, too.
Inspired by: @missjennfabulous
List of Products:
Butter London Nail Foundation Flawless Base Coat
Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Top Coat
Deborah Lippmann Virtuous Vivid Violet
Deborah Lippmann Prim and Proper Pink
Wet n Wild Undercover