MeganHasOCD nominated me for The Sisterhood Award. Thank you! I’m very new to blogging (4-5 days new) and this was a very nice gesture. I love how welcoming the blogging community has been to me so far. I only hope it continues.
With The Sisterhood Award, there are some rules:
-Link the blogger who nominated you on your post.
-Put the award logo on your blog.
-Answer the ten questions that were given to you.
-Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
-Nominate five blogs and make sure they are aware they are nominated.
-When you have responded, leave a link in the comment of the person who nominated you.
MeganHasOCD’s 10 questions:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I was just talking about this the other day. I’m Filipino and have already gone to the Philippines, but I definitely would love to go to Japan. For those of you who don’t know, I am a professional sushi eater (it says so in my Twitter bio!) I love sushi. I think I could have it everyday and not get sick of it. When everyone took Spanish of French for their language course in high school, I took Japanese (I don’t remember a thing.) When I was 2 years old, my dad would ask me, “Joy, where are you going?” and I would shout out, “JAPAN!” No one ever figured out how I learned how to say it or who taught me it. My dad says I was Japanese in another life.
2. Do you have any embarrassing habits? If so, what are they?
I don’t think any habits are embarrassing unless they’re pointed out to you. I can’t think of anything. Oh! I just thought of something. When you microwave food, and you take it out before the time clears. I must clear the time. Must. I can’t be looking at 23 seconds left on the microwave even if I wasn’t the one who heated something up. Weird!
3. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
It depends on my mood, but I’d say early bird. “Sleeping in” to me is waking up at 9AM. I try to get beauty sleep and end up watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix.
4. What is your #1 pet peeve?
Army printed/camo clothes… You’re not in the Army!
5. Using three words, describe yourself.
Cute, funny and smart.
6. If you had a time machine, where and when would you go and why?
I would go to 1920s and be a flapper. It was fun being a flashy flapper for Halloween in college. The dress and gloves, the makeup, and the long cigarette holder were so fun to try out for a night.
7. Can you think of a time when have you shown (or been shown) love in an unexpected way?
All the time. I think it’s little, everyday things that add up to love. A big one for me is when I am so hungry yet I don’t say anything about it, and someone cooks you food without even asking you, just knowing you’ll be hungry at a certain time. Or maybe I just love food.
8. How do you like to spend a rainy day?
In bed, watching YouTube beauty videos. But if I have to go out, then I’d spend the day in my pretty rainboots.
9. Which person in your life do you most admire? Why?
My mom. She’s the cutest! I want to be just like her. I think she is very funny, smart, and loving. She makes being a mother look easy and I don’t know how she does it.
10. What’s one favorite thing you do by yourself?
Maybe paint my nails. Doing my nails forces me to sit down, relax and pamper myself. It’s a time where I feel most creative because I can paint whatever I want on my nails… and then show it you guys 🙂
My 10 Questions:
1. Tell a story of how you started your blog.
2. Coffee or Tea?
3. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
4. Who are your Top 3 favorite YouTubers to watch?
5. If you had to get rid of all your makeup, what 5 items would you keep?
6. What is an easy recipe you like to cook?
7. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
8. Favorite food?
9. What are you currently binge watching on Netflix?
10. What should Styled with Joy’s next nail design be?
Have fun and thank you for reading!