Tools Needed: lip balm, bright (red) lipstick, lipliner, lip brush, tissue, powder brush, concealer, and loose face powder
I think it is easy to avoid wearing a bright lip because it seems intimidating to keep up with its maintenance. Here are a handful of tips that will make life easier when wearing a statement lip:
1. Moisturize – A little lip balm will keep lips hydrated, and when you apply your lip color, it will go on smoothly without any dry patches. Also fill in your lips with a lipliner. The one I chose is similar to my lip color, but by all means, use a lipliner color similar to your lipstick color if you have it.
2. Apply – Either straight from the lip bullet or with a lip brush for a more precise application, apply the lip color once.
3. Blot – Blot your lips and repeat steps 2 and 3 until satisfied with the results. I usually do this three to four times, especially if it’s for a night out.
4. Fix – With a concealer and brush, fix any mistakes that may have gone outside of the natural lip line.
5. Powder – Place a tissue on top of your perfectly applied lips, and take a brush with some loose face/setting powder, dust it on top of the tissue on top of your lips.
Utilizing these steps will ensure that the bright lip color will last for hours, and you will barely need any touch ups. Just in case, bring the lipstick with you. In my experience, I have never had to re-apply lipstick until about the five hour mark.
List of Products:
Mac lipstick in M.A.C. Red
Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation
Real Techniques Detailer Brush
Nivea Olive Oil and Lemon Lip Balm
Rimmel London Lip Liner in Natural
Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer