Today’s post is on the Infinity Dreams Award. I was nominated by Cylia who happened to stop by my blog and seemed to like what she saw. Thank you Cylia! And you can see her post/answers here.
Rules for the award:
1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
2. Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
Lets get started…
11 Facts about Me:
1. I am Filipino, even though I am always mistaken for any other Asian, except for Filipino.
2. My body knows what time it is because I get hungry at the exact same times: 8-9AM, 12PM, 4PM, 7PM.
3. I would have sushi everyday for the rest of my life, if I could.
4. I think chocolate heals stomach aches.
5. I recently got an iPhone and used to call my previous phone, a dinosaur phone.
6. During Lent (now til Easter), I gave up Sushi, and it’s killing me. Although, I have given up harder things before — Facebook, Texting, Baked Goods, Chocolate, Condiments, Pork, etc.
7. I have a fear of dolls, especially the ones with big human-like eyes.
8. Rachel McAdams is my favorite actress and Bradley Cooper is my favorite actor. They have a movie together soon, and I can’t wait!
9. My favorite colors are blue and silver.
10. I put my baby niece to sleep by singing Sam Smith songs.
11. I love Sam Smith. THAT VOICE!
Questions from Nosh & Chat to Styled with Joy:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I have blogged about technical posts for jobs before so I already knew how start up a blog. After seeing my beauty/fashion/nails Instagram feed, my friend suggested that I start a YouTube channel. I said no and then my friend suggested starting a blog, and I said yes. I really went for it after that conversation.
2. What is the best picture you have ever taken?
I’m not a photographer at all. I actually prefer to be in pictures, rather than take them. I would have to say that when I take pictures of makeup or my nail art designs for Instagram or my blog, I feel those come out the nicest and brightest.
3. What is the nicest compliment you have ever gotten?
I don’t know if anyone remembers these, but on Facebook, there used to be an app where you could anonymously send someone a compliment/comment. I can’t think of recent compliments atm, but the Facebook one is sticking out to me right now. The anonymous person (I don’t even know if they were male or female) was talking about the high school I went to and said something along the lines of… ‘Your presence brightens up the halls of the school and thank you for being you.’ I never knew who wrote it, but I always remembered it.
4. What is your favorite post you have ever made?
This one – It’s one of the reasons I started a blog. I want to take more pictures outside, but where I live, it is freezing outside and I’m not as hardcore as girls who could quickly take off their jacket just to take an OOTD picture.
5. Which bloggers do you look up to?
I look up to a handful of bloggers, but I try not to be influenced too much by what they say/post. I hope that my posts become unique and when you see a post I did, you’ll be able to recognize it as a Styled With Joy kind of post. That’s just something I keep in the back of my mind while I type out posts.
6. How did you come up with your blogger name?
My friends, family and I voted on a blogger name and it took two rounds of voting. Styled By Joy eventually became Styled With Joy — for its double meaning. I love it. One of my friends came up with the name change.
7. What is your favorite word?
Treat. Just listen to the word. It sounds nice, its meaning is nice. And it also reminds me of Parks & Rec.’s famous episode to “Treat yo’self!”
8. What do you like most about the country you live in?
US – Diversity, food, beauty and good movies & television.
9. If you could grant one wish what would it be?
I would never say my wish out loud… ever!
10. What is the background picture on your phone?
Very boring. Some stars/galaxy background that the iPhone comes with. I can’t pick just one picture from my own album.
11. What is your favorite tv-show?
Too many: Friends, Modern Family, HIMYM, Charmed, Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls, The Walking Dead, Girls, The Big Bang Theory, Scandal, etc. I usually like lighthearted, funny shows. And sometimes dramas. Nothing scary, ever!
I would like to Nominate:
1. Megan has OCD
2. Confection Infection
3. The Beautified Blogger
4. Pink Running Kicks
5. Always, Bree
6. Make Me Up Marie
7. Judy and Make Up
8. Brought to You By, Hannah
10. Lauren Pickens
11. British Girl in Canada World
Questions for the Nominated Blogs:
1. How do you decide what to post on your blog?
2. Does your blog have a theme? What do you talk about the most on it?
3. What do you do for fun? Hobbies?
4. Drugstore or High End?
5. Red, nude, or pink — Which is your go-to lipstick/lip gloss color?
6. Favorite movie?
7. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
8. Who do you look up to?
9. Three words to describe yourself.
10. What’s the next day/event you’re looking forward to?
11. Describe your favorite childhood memory.