Tools needed: Dotting Tool (or mechanical pencil, toothpick, etc.) and a Sponge
Four Leaf Clover Nails is something I have never done before, so hopefully you will like what I’ve come up with. Saint Patty’s Day is tomorrow and what better way to show your festive side by painting a four leaf clover. Let’s begin!
Here are my Saint Patrick’s Day nails in a step-by-step tutorial:
1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nail bed.
2A. Paint the entire thumb and pinkie nail with your mint green base color until it is opaque.
2B. Paint the entire pointer and middle nail with your white base color until it is opaque.
2C. Paint the entire ring finger nail with your darkest green color until it is opaque.
3. Take the end of your sponge and paint the tip twice with a white polish. You will be doing a gradient nail on your ring finger. Apply this to the tip area only, making sure not to go past mid nail.
4. Repeat step 3 using the darkest green polish to apply it to the pointer finger nail.
5. It will get messy but no worries. You should end up with nails that look like this.
6. Take out your dotting tool, metallic color, and both green polishes. Dot three rows. Down the middle of the nail, dot on your metallic color. On both sides of the metallic dots, dot on your mint green polish. Take your darkest green and layer this on top of the metallic dots. The metallic dots will serve as a background for the dark green polish.
Four Leaf Clover:
I’m taking some steps from my hearts tutorial to make the four leaf clover.
7A. With your metallic polish, dot on a small heart in the corner of the nail bed.
7B. Repeat Step 7A for each corner.
7C. Draw a thin line connecting all four hearts, extending the line all the way to the bottom.
8. Repeat Steps 7A-7C with your mint green polish on your ring finger.
9. Clean up around the gradient nails with some nail polish remover.
10. Once the manicure is done, seal the nail art design with a quick drying top coat. This will make the nail look shiny and the design last longer.
Some of you may have already celebrated Saint Patrick’s Day on the previous weekends — LepreCon. If you’re still celebrating this week then have fun and be safe!
I’d love to see your manicure. If you end up trying this nail look out, show/tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #iidoydoyii