My first acne post had a lot of great feedback from you, so I’ve decided to add five more tips on how I prevent acne. A big thank you goes out to the lovely bloggers’ awesome responses. It’s comforting to know I’m not the only one struggling with acne on an everyday basis. Let’s continue our prevention tips, shall we?
6. The Quicker Picker Upper | …Bounty! This is a tip from your responses in the last post. It’s strange that I forgot it especially because I never use face towels; I only use paper towels to dry my face. Each one is always clean, dry, and never used. It is not filled with bacteria from previous uses as it would be with an overused face towel. Either use paper towels or change your face towel/muslin cloth frequently, a couple times a week. You never know what bacteria you could be applying back to your clean, washed face.
7. Warning: Keep Out of Direct Sunlight! | SPF is a big must in my skincare routine. Don’t forget to apply SPF to your neck/décolletage area. During rain or shine, always apply SPF to prevent wrinkles. Even if you sit indoors and you see a window near you, chances are the sun’s rays can still get to your face. You don’t want to darken any acne scars even more. (The SPF I currently use)
8. Game Changing “Water” |And by “water,” I mean Micellar Water. I’ve recently read that water disturbs the natural PH in your skin causing an imbalance, resulting in acne. Can you believe that? Water! Luckily, I found a micellar water that works great for my skin while hydrating it. It cleanses my skin and I find that I can use this alone and then apply my skincare afterwards. (The Micellar Water I currently use)
9. A Gentle Touch | I cannot stress this enough because I have made the mistake in the past to scrub my stubborn acne, thinking it would help, when I only made things a lot worse. Be as gentle as can be using your fingertips. Your face’s skin is a sensitive area and should be treated with care. No tugging, pulling, or rubbing! When you cleanse, use a gentle touch. Same with applying skincare — Use your fingertips to pat in, rather than rub in, the moisturizer. Your skin will thank you!
10. When Life Gives you Lemons… | As I’ve said before, H2O is your best friend. Adding lemon to your water is even better. You’ll be doing both your body and skin a favor. Bonus! If you hate drinking water, this is your way to treat it as a kind of “lemonade” or “infused water.” I have found that drinking lemon water improved my skin’s appearance.
There are several factors contributing to acne and these are just the handful of tips I try to do everyday to prevent extremely unnecessary acne. Another tip is to exercise/meditate and overall just relax. Stressing out about your acne can only harm and not help you get the results you want. I hope this helps!
Do you have any tips to add that have helped you prevent acne? Please share!