Tools Needed: Dotting tool
I really wanted to find a mint green that leaned slightly towards blue and I think I may have found it with this nail polish color I used in this Lace Nails design. I was thinking of doing brown instead of black, but I decided to just go bold! Let’s get started.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on the Lace nails:
1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nail bed.
2. Paint the entire nail with your base color until it is opaque.
3. In the top right photo, I show you step by step with each nail how to achieve the staircase nail. Simply take the brush that the nail polish comes with and make sure to wipe off any excess as you won’t be needing much nail polish. First, do a small stroke on the tip of the nail. Next, move to the next second quarter of your nail and make that stroke a bit higher.
4. Repeat step 3 until the entire tip of the nail is covered.
5. With your dotting tool, take your mint color and dot along the tops of the staircase. You should be left with a lovely lace design.
6. Once the manicure is done, seal the nail art design with a quick drying top coat. This will make the nail look shiny and the design last longer.
Easy, right? Something that looks complicated isn’t so bad when it’s broken down into simple steps. This is an easy design that I had no intentions of doing; I just kept painting until I liked what I saw and I hope you like it, too!
I’d love to see your manicure. If you end up trying this nail look out, show/tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #iidoydoyii