Tools Needed: Dotting Tool
Please excuse my bandage. 4th of July is right around the corner and now is the time to start planning your manicure. Let’s be festive together this Independence Day! Let’s get started.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on the 4th of July nails:
1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nail bed.
2. Paint the entire nail with your base color until it is opaque. (Accent nails are white, middle is red, and pointer and pinkie are blue.)
3. With your white polish, dot on different sized dots all over the nail.
4. With your glitter polish, paint over the thumb and ring finger nails.
5. Again with your white polish, dot the tips with white dots.
6A. With your blue polish, place dots on top of the white dots to make them pop.
6B. Repeat step 6A on the blue nails with red polish, so that it alternates between red and white on the tips.
We will not be sealing the nail art design with a quick drying top coat. We want to keep the glitter part glittery and the shiny part shiny. This adds to the dimension of the nail look and adds interest and personality. Have a happy and safe Independence Day this weekend!
I’d love to see your manicure. If you end up trying this nail look out, show/tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #iidoydoyii