Tools Needed: tape
For girls that need a nice and simple manicure, what is more classic than a French Manicure? Bonus: On the weekend you can easily change the design to a color blocking manicure with the help of some tape and a pop of color!
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on the French Manicure:
1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nail bed.
2. Paint the entire nail with your base color until it is opaque.
3. With a piece of tape, line it up with the edge of your nail, leaving about a centimeter of space.
4. Paint over the tape and nail with white nail polish.
5. Immediately remove the tape for best results.
Color Blocking Nails:
6. With tape, use the same method as step 3, but feel free to do your own placement and designs. I liked layering, going horizontal or vertical, sometimes diagonal.
7. Once the manicure is done, seal the nail art design with a quick drying top coat. This will make the nail look shiny and the design last longer.
I hope you enjoyed this transition from prim and proper to a fun and modern manicure!
I’d love to see your manicure. If you end up trying this nail look out, show/tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #iidoydoyii