Tools Needed: Dotting tool
My friend encouraged me to do a moon manicure and here is my take on it! Simplicity at its finest, all you need is black and white to achieve this nail look. Let’s get started!
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on the Moons Manicure:
1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nail bed.
2. Paint nails black until they are opaque.
3. With the white polish, make three dots on your accent nails (thumb and ring finger.)
4. With your dotting tool, dot on two black dots on half of the white circle. You can alternate full moons and half moons.
I had to shoot in different lighting because the bright white light distorted the white moons. Here you can see all the moons I’ve created:
5. Once the manicure is done, seal the nail art design with a quick drying top coat. This will make the nail look shiny and the design last longer.
This moon manicure can be worn any time of year to make any look edgy. If it’s too edgy, you can use this manicure during Halloween!
I’d love to see your manicure. If you end up trying this nail look out, show/tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #iidoydoyii