CreativeCraftsDIY, FiveZero, and SheMakesItUp nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award — Thank you so much. I really appreciate it!
1. Select 10 other blogs you want to give the award to.
2. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
3. Write a post to show your award
4. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
5. Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
6. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
7. Attach the award to the post (right click and save, then upload)
8. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them.
9. Provide a link to the award post you created.
How I started my blog…
I’m going to have to thank Instagram for this one. My blog is inspired by Instagram because that is the social media outlet I used to post my nail art designs and outfits. Also, my friend encouraged me to first do a YouTube channel and when I was iffy about that, the next move was to start a blog. I took that advice and just went with it. I had my friends and family vote on a blog name that night and we tweaked it and came up with Styled with Joy — I love it because of its double meaning. I’m so glad I have a place to share my interests in the beauty and fashion world via my blog.
My advice to new bloggers…
-Don’t be shy — Talk to people. The blogosphere is a very friendly and encouraging place.
-Pick a topic/theme and stick with it until it doesn’t feel right. For example, I started out doing only nails and makeup reviews and now I have expanded my topics to makeup tutorials, OOTDs and lifestyle posts. I liked that I grew my blog very gradually, rather than all at once.
-Advice I’ve gotten from bloggers when I first started posting: Always be true to yourself. Be honest about what you write about — it will show and people will notice.
I would like to nominate…
- jodi-a brash attitude
- skincare dreams come true
Thanks for reading!