Tools Needed: Dotting tool
I was wondering what I should make my birthday manicure and confetti sprung to mind. I knew my outfit would be orange, so I decided to complement instead of match orange and used blue as a base. Confetti is all sorts of colors, so feel free to use what you have. Let’s get started!
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on the Confetti nails:
1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nail bed.
2. Paint nails blue until they are opaque.
3. With the white polish, make a line on the tip of your nail. It does not have to be perfect.
4. Connecting to the white, on the side of the nail make a curving motion with white polish.
5. Now dot on every different color you have including black and white. Have fun with it!
Just make sure to let the nails dry after each color or they will blend together and form a blob of a mess. I made sure to use orange because orange and blue are complementary colors.
Confetti nails are cute, fun and great for celebrating!
List of Products:
Butter London Nail Foundation Flawless Base Coat
Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Top Coat
Julie G White Orchid
Julie G Black Sheep
Julie G Cabana Boy
Julie G Oh Em Gee!
Julie G 9 to 5
I’d love to see your manicure. If you end up trying this nail look out, show/tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #iidoydoyii