This New French Manicure series consists of a modern twist to a classic manicure:
These nails are inspired by my recent outfits. I tend to go for a fall palette and add my orange bag as my pop of color. I chose a neutral base, as most of Fall’s color palette consists of neutrals, paired with a bright orange polish.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on the New French Manicure:
1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nail bed.
2. Paint nails light pink until they are opaque.
3. Paint the tips with an orange polish.
4. Paint over the entire nail with the light pink polish again.
5. Once the manicure is done, seal the nail art design with a quick drying top coat. This will make the nail look shiny and the design last longer.
Because the initial coat is not fully opaque, this aids in applying the french tips properly because you can still see the faint line of where the nail grows, ultimately using this as a guide. Because the hot orange is so bright, toning it down again with the light pink polish helps to balance the nail look out. Don’t worry because you can still see this pop of color!
I’d love to see your manicure. If you end up trying this nail look out, show/tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #styledwithjoy