I dedicate this post to StashMatters because she requested “Lip Liners for the Lazy” and I liked that for my title! I will be using no other makeup, just focusing on the lips entirely.
Both Rimmel Natural and NYX Natural are pictured above. These are the two pencils I’ll be using throughout this tutorial.
I used to think that lip liners did nothing for the lips, until two events occurred.
1. Bright lip/red lip.
2. Natural lips — Both had to last me all day.
- For my bright lip tutorial, I used Rimmel natural to keep the color from running outside of the lip line throughout the night. This proved a success and I haven’t done a red lip without this method ever since.
- For the Summertime, I barely wore any foundation, giving me more time to focus on my lips. I always chose a natural lip gloss or lipstick and found that they didn’t last as long as I’d like them to on their own. I’m going to show you how I prepare my lips below.
Here is a step by step tutorial on how I use two lip liners and MAC lipstick, Her Fancy:
- Top left: Make sure lips are moisturized.
- Top right: Line entire lip area with a color that matches your lips.
- Bottom left: Line the cupid’s bow and bottom lip with a pinky brown liner or a liner that is two shades darker than your natural lip color. Blend the edges well.
- Bottom right: Top it off with your lipstick.
As you can see, my lips became more even, plump, and natural.
Here is the look in the steps from above from bare lips and lined lips to the finished product. I hope you enjoyed this lip liner tutorial and can see how much it helps even when you don’t want to wear foundation!
What is your favorite lip liner?