Happy Columbus Day! These nails are inspired by a magazine article where the french manicure looks broken in the middle. I loved the concept so this is my take on them.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on the New French Manicure:
1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nail bed.
2. Paint nails light pink until they are opaque.
3. Paint the tips with an green polish.
4. With nail polish remover and a tiny liner brush, remove the middle part of the green line.
5. Paint over the entire nail with the light pink polish again.
6. Once the manicure is done, seal the nail art design with a quick drying top coat. This will make the nail look shiny and the design last longer.
I love these nails. I think this is the modern twist that the french manicure sometimes needs!
I’d love to see your manicure. If you end up trying this nail look out, show/tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #styledwithjoy