Bring out your dirty makeup brushes, a towel, and your liquid or solid soap.
My skin is very sensitive. I only use my face brushes once and consider them dirty after one use. I don’t want to put any unnecessary bacteria back onto my face especially when it is 100% preventable.
Here are the following steps I do to maintain and clean my makeup brushes:
1. With lukewarm water, wet only the hairs of the brush, being careful to avoid the ferrule (the metal part on the handle that keeps the hairs glued together.) If water hits this, the glue gets loose as well as the bristles, causing the hairs to fall out even faster.
2. Dip the wet bristles into your soap of choice swooshing the brush in circles to achieve the foaming action.
3. With the palm of your hand, repeat step 2, while massaging the brush to get all the makeup out of there.
4. With lukewarm water, rinse the brushes until the water runs clear.
5. Squeeze any excess water from the bristles.
6. Lay them flat on a towel or paper towel to dry. It is best to hang them upside down to avoid getting water into the ferrule, but laying them down is fine, too.
7. Once they are completely, absolutely 100% dry, put them back into their brush homes, whether it is a jar, a drawer, or a makeup bag. All done!
You should be left with beautiful, good as new brushes and beauty sponges.
What do you wash your brushes with? Liquid soap? Olive oil? Solid soap? Let me know!
Thank you for reading!