Tools Needed: tape and scissors
This is the first time I have ever used this method and I think it’s pretty awesome. Plaid nails were requested by StashMatters for the Fall, so let’s get started!
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on the Plaid nails:
1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nail bed.
2. Paint a few inches of tape with white nail polish. Cut up thin strips – this does not need to be all the same sizes.
3. By using tape as a guide, paint half of the nail black until opaque.
4. Remove the tape and paint the other half of the nail red until opaque.
5A. Start applying the white stripes on either the red or black side with two stripes going down.
5B. Repeat 5A but with the stripes going across.
6. Seal the design with a quick drying top coat to protect the tape and make the design last longer.
I love getting nail requests, especially when I have never done them before, because it only pushes me to get out of my comfort zone. Keep ’em coming!
I’d love to see your manicure. If you end up trying this nail look out, show/tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #styledwithjoy