Tools Needed: tape, scissors
I got the inspo to do these nails when I saw Dorkchops‘ post that featured white and metallic nails. Instead of gold or silver, I opted for rose gold instead. These are my take on them!
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on the White + Metallic Rose Gold nails:
1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nail bed.
2. Paint nails white until they are opaque.
3. With your scissors, cut out straight edge shapes. (I did triangles and rectangles.) Also, make sure to remove as much tackiness from the tape as possible by putting it on the back of your hand and removing it two or three times.4. Place the tape on your nail.
5. With your metallic polish, paint over the entire nail.
6. For best results, remove the tape immediately.
7. Once the manicure is done, seal the nail art design with a quick drying top coat. This will make the nail look shiny and the design last longer.
I really like how the metallic paint popped against the white background. You can do as many shapes and designs using this method. For the stripes, I just did it free hand. I actually think my right hand turned out better than my left and I just had to show you! (This is rare.) I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
I’d love to see your manicure. If you end up trying this nail look out, show/tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #iidoydoyii
Have a nail design request? Leave a comment below!