Tools Needed: tape
It’s hard for me to stray away from the bubbly bright nail polish colors along with the mints and pastels, but here I am mixing them up with darker hues because I just can’t let go. Let’s just call this a great transition from Summer to Fall.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on the Color Blocking nails:
1. Start with a base coat to protect your natural nail bed.
2. Paint nails lilac until they are opaque.
3. Seal the color with a quick drying top coat. This will make the nail look shiny and last longer.
Color blocking – Matte:
4. With your tape, paint half of your nail using a dark purple polish.
The matte formula adds interest to an otherwise shiny manicure.
5. With tape and a black polish, paint smaller areas of the nail with straight edges.
This manicure is a bit darker and edgier than I am used to, but I like how it turned out. I love manicures that have no rules. You just paint as you go!
I’d love to see your manicure. If you end up trying this nail look out, show/tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #iidoydoyii